That's what President Obama has concluded. Here's the transcript of the president's remarks at the White House today.
To deal with this grave and urgent threat to national security, the Commander-in-Chief announced that he will immediately:
(1) Suspend enforcement of DADT in its entirety for the duration of the war, claiming ample constitutional and statutory authority.
(2) Issue a stop-loss order barring DADT expulsions for certain classes of "mission-critical" specialists.
(3) Order the Defense Department to halt DADT investigations and other inquiries into soldiers' sexual orientation.
(4) Demand that Congress act now to repeal DADT.
(5) Ask that a plan be developed on an unspecified time schedule for the repeal of DADT at some indefinite point in the future.