Sitemeter appears to be fixed. Blogs should now be working in Internet Explorer.
[UPDATE: Well, it's no longer preventing the loading of blogs, but getting Sitemeter stats doesn't seem to be working when I click on the Sitemeter icon at the bottom of our page or of Althouse's.]
I received the following email in response to a technical support notice I sent them last night:
We apologize for the problem this has caused on your websites. We became aware of a compatibility issue with our SiteMeter tracking code and IE 7 (possibly IE 6) browsers that started last night.
The problem was related to some work we were doing on the backend system for our upcoming website launch.
We've identified and resolved two separate but related issues -
1 - IE Users viewing pages - There was a problem with users who placed their SiteMeter tracking code outside of their HTML Body Tag. Because of the changes we made this created a failure for visitors viewing sites using Internet Explorer 7.
2 - Accessing SiteMeter and Stats - Individuals trying to access or view their SiteMeter stats by clicking on their SiteMeter logo/icons were unable to gain access. This again appears to have affected only individuals using IE7.
At this time both problems have been fixed and our services are fully operational.
If you have any additional questions please let me know.
Sincerely, . . .
Related Posts (on one page):
- Sitemeter is Fixed--[Well, Not Completely]--
- Internet Explorer Problems Accessing Blogs.--