The Free Enterprise Fund has filed a petition for rehearing en banc in Free Enterprise Fund v. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, in which a divided panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit rejected the Fund's Appointments Clause challenge to the PCAOB's composition. In my view, this case is an excellent candidate for en banc rehearing. Judge Kavanaugh wrote a powerful (and, in my view, persuasive) dissent, and the case raises an issue of exceptional importance.
Related Posts (on one page):
- The new Sarbanes-Oxley case:
- Early Commentary on Free Enterprise Fund v. PCAOB:
- Breaking: Sarbanes-Oxley to the Supremes:
- Will Free Enterprise Fund v. PCAOB Go Up?
- Rehearing Sought in PCAOB Case:
- Free Enterprise Fund v. PCAOB -- Humphrey's Executor Squared:
- D.C. Circuit Panel Splits 2-1 on Constitutionality of Public Company Accounting Oversight Board:
- More on The Interesting Appointments Clause Issue:
- Interesting Appointments Clause Issue: