In view of all the praise John McCain has gotten for being a "maverick," I can't resist quoting the Iceman's critique of a similar maverick naval aviator:
Maverick [justifying violating the rules during a training flight]: Hard deck my ass. We nailed that son of a bitch. [High fives Goose].
Iceman: You two really are cowboys.
Maverick: What's your problem, Kazanski?
Iceman: You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
Maverick: That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous.
UPDATE: Commenters point to this clever video analogizing McCain to Maverick and Romney to the Iceman. All I can say is that if Romney really were as impressive as Iceman, I'd have a much different view of the election.
Related Posts (on one page):
- An Overlooked Potential Benefit of Conservative Distrust for McCain:
- The Downside of Mavericks:
- Assessing McCain:
- McCain & Romney On Judges:
- Calabresi & McGinnis on McCain & Judges:
- John McCain and the Judiciary:
- Novak on McCain & Judicial Nominations:
- Levy on McCain and Judges:
- McCain & Judicial Nominations: