Agora reports, translating a Danish article:
The men behind the Danish Muhammed cartoons are today faced with another bounty on their heads from Pakistan.
It is the Bar Association who are calling for the murder of the 12 Jyllands-Posten cartoonists.
"I offer the reward of 10 Million Rupees (1 Million DKK, 120000US$) for anyone who kills one of the Cartoonists," says Syes Athar Bukhari, the President of the Bar Association.
Bukhari is supported by the Jamaat-i-Islami party, the second-largest part of the Pakistani coalition government....
If any readers know Danish and can verify (or criticize) the translation, or know Pakistan and can give some perspective on the Bar Association, the party, or Bukhari, please let me know.
All Related Posts (on one page) | Some Related Posts:
- Daily Illini Fires Editor Who Published the Mohammed Cartoons:
- President of Bar Association in Pakistan, Plus Major Pakistani Party, Supports Murder of Danish Cartoonists:
- The Twelve Mohammed Cartoons, in Detail:...
- U.S. State Department on the Cartoons Depicting Mohammed:
- Bush Cabinet Member Condemns Anti-Christian Blasphemy, and Points to Laws Restricting Incitement to Hateful Expressions:
- Suppressing Anti-Religious Speech -- an Emerging International Law Norm?