Liberal Advocacy Groups Quiet So Far:
While conservative blogs have been quite critical of the Miers nomination, the People for the American Way and the Alliance of Justice are being uncharacteristically quiet so far. The homepage for the Alliance for Justice doesn't even mention the Miers nomination, at least as of 12:30. The homepage for PFAW has a short and neutral call for thorough hearings:
With no past judicial experience for the senators to consider, the burden will be on Miers to be forthright with the Senate and the American people. She must outline her judicial philosophy and provide direct answers to questions about how – and whether – she will uphold fundamental rights, liberties and legal protections on which Americans rely.
All Related Posts (on one page) | Some Related Posts:
- Krauthammer: "Withdraw This Nominee":
- The Harriet Miers Oeuvre.--
- More on Miers, Intellectuals, and Evangelicals:...
- White Meets Powell Meets O'Connor?
- Liberal Advocacy Groups Quiet So Far:
- Reactions from the Conservative Blogosphere:...
- Harriett Miers?:
- Miers Nomination--Well, My Prediction Was Right:
- It's Miers: