Taking Away Their Guns in New Orleans:
I have a feeling that this story is going to get a lot of attention at the VC one way or another, so I figure I may as well be the first to raise it:
Water was receding across this flood-beaten city today as local police officers prepared for a mass forced evacuation of the several thousand residents still living here. Authorities also began confiscating firearms from civilians.
. . .
The city's Police Department and federal law enforcement officers from agencies like the United States Marshals Service will lead the evacuation, Mr. Compass said. Officers will search the city house by house, in both dry and flooded neighborhoods. No one will be allowed to stay, he said.
Meanwhile, the city is confiscating firearms from civilians, including legally registered weapons, Mr. Compass said. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons," he said.
Related Posts (on one page):
- Follow-up to the follow-up to the follow-up:
- A Follow-Up to David's Follow-Up:
- Follow-up for Orin:
- Regulating, Prohibiting, and Controlling:
- The New Orleans Gun Confiscation -- A Response to David Kopel:
- New Orleans Gun Confiscation is Blatantly Illegal:
- Constitutions and Emergencies:
- Taking Away Their Guns in New Orleans: